Care for the environment and the effects of climate change have aroused great interest in the development of renewable energy projects. Today, these interests have been further enhanced for one main reason: economic, which allows projects such as solar photovoltaics to achieve higher returns than other traditional non-renewable energy projects.
At Quantum, we advise clients interested in evaluating the technical and economic feasibility of installing renewable energy projects that allow them to use the energy generated for self-consumption, sale to third parties and/or participate in renewable energy tenders. We provide support in all stages of the project, from the identification of the most profitable locations to the selection of the necessary suppliers for the execution of the work, being the main services:
• Analysis of all legislation linked to the project;
• Survey of resource potential and other climate characteristics that affect project performance;
• Survey of the electrical system;
• Analysis of existing technology alternatives;
• Survey of investment and operation and maintenance costs of available technologies;
• Valuation of tax benefits, income generated by the sale of carbon credits;
• Definition of the most profitable location for the project;
• Definition of the efficient scale of the project;
• Calculation of the rate of return of the project as a whole, as well as, of the shareholders. Calculation of the net present value and return period of investment.