Econometrics y Statistics
Economic theory makes qualitative statements and econometrics, whose function is to provide empirical content to economic theory.
Research in the areas of planning, economics, finance, and other disciplines are increasingly using quantitative methods. Econometrics is defined as the science which applies tools of economic theory, mathematics and statistical inference to the analysis of economic phenomena. This discipline applies mathematical statistics to economic data in order to validate economic models.
Both public utilities, as well as agencies responsible for regulation and control must frequently make decisions based on econometric studies.
Quantum supports companies and regulators in studies involving the application of analysis and the proposal of econometric models.
Among the main studies, the following stand out:
• Global and Spatial Projection of Electricity, Gas and Water Demands.
• Projection of Macroeconomic Variables.
• Characterization Campaign of Consumption Curves.
• Best Practices and Service Standards.
• Identification of the Structure of Demand by Energy End-Use.